Why should you choose an Ocho Rios Villa? There are a number of
accommodation options available to anyone thinking of a Jamaica
Vacation and once you have narrowed your preference down to a villa,
there is the question of location.
The North coast is very popular, famed for it's white sand beaches,
picture postcard scenery and with it's hotels, villas and beautiful
residences it has earned the title of the Jamaican Riviera.
Montego Bay is a popular choice particularly due to its proximity to the
international airport. It is renowned for being busy, well-developed and
packaged. Montego Bay is also home to a number of golf courses. Many
of the villas are hillside.
Along the North Coast you will also come across the upcoming areas of
Trelawny and Duncans; and popular and quiet areas of Discovery Bay
and Runaway Bay - the locations all provide wonderful vacation spots for
holidaymakers but what sets Ocho Rios as an area and Ocho Rios Villas
Ocho Rios is the nucleus of the North Coast
Ocho Rios provides the full vacation experience - Spa, Adventure,
Nightlife, Peace, Culture, Families, Singles, Groups; an Ocho Rios Villa
Vacation will certainly provide the perfect match for any individual family or
group thinking of visiting there.
- The Chic and rustic charm of Port Antonio
- The sleepiness of the South Coast
- The Hip found in Negril
- The facilities of Montego Bay
- Beaches to rival Runaway Bay
- and even the corporate activity of Kingston;
And, venturing further afield:
- A well rounded package that you might expect in Barbados
- The beauty of St Lucia
- as well as unrivalled hospitality and history.
Dunns River Falls is just five minutes
from our Ocho Rios Villa - Bring a
packed lunch - stay the whole day.
- Spend the day at Dunns River Falls
- Shop till you drop at in Ocho Rios Town
- Horseback Riding during the Hills and down to (and through) the sea
- Quad Biking along the hillside
- Visit Noel Coward's Home - Firefly
- Visit any of three Botanical Gardens
- Spear Fishing with Local Fishermen
- Take a sea cruise on a catamaran
- Visit Wassi Art Pottery Studio
and then perhaps, do some more!
- Booking in for Spa, Gym, and pampering at the hotel
- Stay on for the night-time entertainment
- Visit the Reggae museum and the reggae history tour
- Do nothing on the beach
- Sip cool drinks on the veranda
- Take a dip in your private pool
Answers to what guests can do within walking distance and driving distance are found on our Villa Questions page.
Once you have carried out your research and decided upon Ocho Rios. Villa selection is your next deliberation. Of
course, we would like you to choose our Ocho Rios Villa, we are keen however, that you make the right choice. Our
villa may not be suited to everyone. If, through our contact it becomes apparent that you are looking for:
- Luxury high end
- directly on the beach
- a property and location ideal for spring break parties
- Budget accommodation
- unstaffed villa
These are things that we are not.
We would be happy to use any of our many contacts to refer you to something more suited to your needs. Please feel
free to discuss this with us.
Located just ten minutes outside of Ocho Rios, Sencillo is approximately 90 minutes from Montego Bay's Donald
Sangster Airport. The drive is along a new road called Highway 2000 which follows the North Coast shore providing
beautiful scenery - the Caribbean sea and beaches - as you go. The route is simple and straightforward.
Ocho Rios has an airport for inter-island and Caribbean destination flights:
Montego Bay 25 Minutes 3 flights daily
Kingston 15 Minutes 3 flights daily
Negril 35 Minutes 2 flights daily
Port Antonio 15 Minutes 2 flights daily
Further information on international flights is found at Flights to Jamaica
- Two Ocho Rios Villas are linked to famous writers - Firefly owned by Noel Coward and Goldeneye owned by
- Ocho Rios is not as large as Montego Bay or Kingston but welcomes 700,000 travellers per year
- Ocho Rios which means eight rivers - does not actually have eight rivers! This error was the fault of the
English who seemingly had difficulty with the translation
- Dunns River is the most visited attraction in Ochi
- Ocho Rios is a relatively new destination only becoming attractive within the last 20 years.
- The Ocho Rios area was once rich in plantations. Many of the Plantation Estate names remain. Two working
plantations exist: Brimmer Hall and Prospect
For Information on our Ocho Rios villa location, please see Jamaica vacation home rental location
For Information on Amenities available at this Ocho Rios villa please see Villa holiday in Jamaica Amenities and For
information on the accommodations can be found at Jamaica Vacation Rental.
"This certainly is not the sleepy village
of a short time ago. and whilst it has
been commercialized to meet the
demands of being a cruise ship port -
you cannot help that but love this place.
Visitors quickly begin to call it 'Ochi' a
term of endearment.
You can still enjoy taking your choice of
the fisherman's catch at the roadside on
the way home".
The location of our Ocho Rios villa
makes it the perfect base camp from
which to enjoy all Jamaica offers.
Ten things to do within ten minutes of our Ocho Rios Villa
Ocho Rios Villa - How to Get There
Facts About Ocho Rios